123.hp.com/ojprok5300 - HP Officejet Pro k5300
We will provide you with support for the 123.hp.com/ojprok5300 printer setup, 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300, 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer wireless setup and 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer driver installation. Our technicians have enough knowledge to provide fixes for any type of HP printers whatsoever. Here, we will discuss these:
- 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Driver Installation
- 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Wireless Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro Wireless Mobile Printing
- 123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Cloud Print
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Initial Printer Setup
Follow the steps below to begin the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer setup.
- First, make sure to keep the box of the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer at a proper place.
- Next, take out the printer from the box and place it where the device can wirelessly communicate. Now, remove all the remaining accessories that came with the printer.
- After everything has been taken out from the box, remove the packaging materials and any tapes from the printer. Open the top cover of the device and take out any tapes from the internal components like rollers, etc.
- After that, take all the ink cartridges, shake them sidewise and then remove the wrapper. Next, install those ink cartridges into their respective color-coded slots.
- Once the ink cartridge installation is complete, next, take out the print heads and shake them sidewise six times. Then, remove the cover from the print heads to reveal the connector pins.
- Next, install the print heads into their proper slots by pushing them down and then close the top access door of the printer.
- Take the power cord then connect one end into the printer and the other end into the wall socket. Next, press the ‘Power’ button of the device to start it up.
- Open the input paper tray of the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer. When you get a prompt to load a bunch of papers, do it.
- At last, wait for the auto-alignment feature to align the stack of sheets.
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Driver Installation
For an HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer driver installation, follow the steps below. You can follow these steps for both Windows and Mac.
- First, launch a web browser of your preference and then visit the official 123.hp.com/ojprok5300 website. Within this website, navigate to the ‘Software and Drivers’ section.
- After that, go to the ‘Search’ area, enter the model name of the printer and then tap on the ‘Begin’ button.
- When the search page comes up, choose the first option that says ‘HP Officejet Pro k5300 driver’. Next, click on the ‘Download’ button.
- If you get a prompt to ‘Open’, ‘Run’ or ‘Save’ the file, then click on that button. This action will initiate the download process.
- Once the download process of the driver setup file is complete, next, locate that file and double-click on it to execute the same. An installer window will come up, in it, follow the on-screen instructions accordingly and choose the ‘Install’ button.
- When the driver installation is complete, next, go to the 123.hp.com/ojprok5300 website and complete the registration and activation process.
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Wireless Setup
For the HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer wireless setup follow the methods below. We have mentioned the wireless setup procedure separately for Windows and Mac. We have also explained how to use the Auto-wireless feature.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Wireless Setup for Windows
- First, press the combination of keys ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously, to open up a new dialog box having the title ‘Run’. Inside that dialog box, beside the label ‘Open:’, type the text ‘control panel’ on the empty space.
- Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button. This action will open up a new window having the name ‘Control Panel’. Within this window, there will be plenty of settings categories of the computer that you can adjust at your will.
- Now, out of those settings, choose the one that says ‘Hardware and Sound’. As soon as you click on that category, a new page will come up. From the new page that comes up, select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Now, another new page will appear, in it, go to the menu bar and locate the ‘Add a printer’ button.
- Once you have done that, next, go to the printer and click on the ‘Wireless’ button. After that, form the control panel of the device, choose the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ menu.
- Next, click on either the ‘Next’ or ‘OK’ button to go on with the setup process.
- Now, go to the computer and choose the ‘Add a printer’ button on the ‘Devices and Printers’ page. This will launch a new dialog box, with two distinct links.
- Out of those two links, choose the second one that says ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’.
- As soon as you do that, all the available printers will be shown on a list. Next, from that list, locate and choose the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, go to the printer and look for the nearest router on the list of available ones. If you find the router with which the computer is connected to, on the list, then select that option.
- Now, if you get a prompt to enter the user credentials for that specific network, then put the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ in the right fields and follow the instructions on the printer display to connect it.
- At last, after the connection of the printer, attempt to print a document and see if the device works correctly or not.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Wireless Setup for Macintosh
Follow the steps below to set up the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer wirelessly on Mac.
- First, on the HP printer, locate and choose the wireless network to which the Mac is connected to using the printer’s in-built control. Now, if you get a prompt to provide user credentials like username and password, then do it.
- Next, with the help of the software CD that came with the printer, install the correct printer application for the Macintosh computer.
- Once the installation of the printer application for Mac is complete, next, from the ‘Dock’ section, choose the ‘System Preferences’ icon. This action will open a new ‘System Preferences’ window.
- Inside that window, go to the ‘Hardware’ section. Under that section, locate and choose the ‘Printer & Fax’ option. As soon as you select that option, a new window having the name ‘Print & Fax’ will come up.
- Within that window, go to the left and then below the list, choose the ‘+’ button. This action will open a new window having the heading ‘Add.’
- In that window, navigate to the top and choose the ‘IP tab. Under that tab, select the ‘Internet Protocol IPP’ option from the drop-down list for the ‘Protocol’ field.
- After that, enter the IP address of the HP printer in the ‘Address’ field. Then, within the ‘Print Using’ field, choose the correct printer driver from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the ‘Add’ button to complete the wireless setup for the Mac and then see if you can print a document or not.
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer USB Setup
In order to add the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer to the Windows OS using a USB cable, follow the steps below.
- First, connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable and allow the Windows 10 OS to install any drivers automatically.
- Press the keys ‘Windows + I’ together to open a new window having the title ‘Settings’.
- Inside that window, you will get many settings categories specific to the Windows OS, that you can change at your will. Now, among those settings, choose the one that says ‘Devices’.
- As soon as you select that, a new page will come up, in it, choose the ‘Printers & scanners’ option.
- Next, choose the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ button. Next, wait for the application to identify the USB printer and present it on a list.
- Now, from that list, choose the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer and click on the ‘Add device’ button.
- At last, once the addition is complete, next, print a document and check if the printer is working fine or not.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer USB Setup for Mac
To add the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer to a Mac using USB cable, follow the steps below.
- First, open the Mac computer, locate the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen and click on it. This action will open a drop-down menu with a list of options.
- Out of those options, choose the one that says ‘System Preferences’. Next, a new window with the name ‘System Preferences’ will come up, in it, tap on ‘Software Update’.
- As soon as you do that, the macOS will install any new updates. Now, prepare the printer by the following steps provided on the initial printer setup section.
- At last, connect the printer to the Mac with a USB cable and allow the computer to download and then install the necessary software.
Use Auto Wireless Connect Feature to Setup the HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer
Here, you will learn how to use the ‘Auto Wireless Connect’ feature to set up the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer.
- First, make sure that both the network and the computer is compatible with one another and meet these requirements:
- The PC should run Mac OS X 10.5 and Windows Vista or later versions.
- The Operating System of the computer should be in control of the wireless network.
- Also, the computer should be connected to the wireless router having 802.11 b/g/n standard over a 2.4GHz.
- Make sure the computer uses a dynamic IP address and not a static one.
- Now, open a web browser that you wish and visit the official 123.hp.com/ojprok5300 website, and next, go to the search section. Inside that section, type in the model name of the HP printer and click on the ‘Find’ button.
- In the search results page that comes up, locate and choose the option having the name ‘HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer software’.
- Next, from the page that appears next, choose the ‘Download’ button. This action will begin the download process of the software for the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer.
- Once the download process is over, next, double-click on the printer software to open the same.
- Now, switch on the printer. This will start the printer with Auto Wireless Connect feature enabled for two hours.
- Now, on the computer, open the printer software and follow the on-screen instructions until the ‘Network’ section comes up. After that, from the center of the window, choose the ‘Network (Ethernet/Wireless).’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer’ option. This action will find the printer and send the information regarding the wireless network to the device.
- Now, wait for the printer to connect. When the connection is complete, next, a confirmation message will come up.
- At last, by following the rest of the on-screen instructions, complete the setup process of the printer. Then, do check if it prints the document correctly or not.
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer Wireless Mobile Printing
For HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer wireless mobile printing, you can utilize either of the methods listed below.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 ePrint
The HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer have a feature known as ‘ePrint’. This is a service based on cloud technology, with which a user can allocate print jobs to the HP printers from any place through a device having stable internet connectivity. This feature allows all the users to send print jobs using their email IDs from network-capable devices to the email address of the printer.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 Airprint
Apple handheld devices can use a feature called AirPrint to print any documents wirelessly. The HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer has the AirPrint capability, with which a user can connect it to any iOS devices like ‘iPad’, ‘iPhone’ and ‘iPod’ and print documents. In order to use the AirPrint feature, you will have to enable it on the printer with the help of the instructions from the user manuals.
HP Officejet Pro k5300 Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a web service using which you can print any document from all internet-enabled devices like smartphones and tablets. To get the necessary details about this feature, all you have to do is register the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer on the Google Cloud Print account. After that, easily change the settings with an option called ‘Manage’.
123 HP Officejet Pro k5300 Google Cloud Print Registration
To register the Google Cloud Print service for the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer follow the instructions below.
Requirements to Register the HP Officejet Pro k5300
- You must possess an active Google account.
- The HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer should be connected to the same network as the computer.
- Google Chrome web browser must be installed within the computer.
- The computer should run any one of the following operating systems like ‘Chrome OS’, ‘Linux’, ‘Windows XP’, ‘OS X 10.7 or later’.
- Active network connectivity should always be present.
Steps to Register the HP Officejet Pro k5300 Printer
- First, start the HP Officejet Pro k5300 printer by pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- Now, go to the computer and launch the Google Chrome web browser.
- Inside that browser, go to the top right corner and click the ‘three vertical dots’. This action will open up the drop-down menu with several options.
- Next, out of all those options, choose the one that says ‘Settings’. After that, from the page having the name ‘Settings’, go to the bottom and choose the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Now, once again move down a little and locate the ‘Printing’ section. Under this section, tap on the ‘Google Cloud Print’ option.
- From the next page, click on the ‘Manage Cloud Print devices’ option. If you get a prompt to sign in to your Google account, then do it.
- At last, from the list of printers, choose the HP Officejet Pro k5300 and then hit the ‘Add printers’ button.