123.hp.com/ljp1006 - HP LaserJet P1006
HP Laserjet P1006 is a monochrome, space-saving printer from the range of HP Laserjet printers. If you have bought this printer and looking for a prominent setup then you are in the right place.
Her you will get the initial printer setup, driver installation, how to connect to a PC setup. Additionally, you can avail of some basic troubleshooting ideas regarding your HP Laserjet P1006 printer.
- 123 HP Laserjet P1006 Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Laserjet P1006 Driver Installation
- 123 HP Laserjet P1006 Connect Using USB
- 123 HP Laserjet P1006 Troubleshooting
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Initial Printer Setup
The newly bought printer can’t be used without some preliminary setup processes. The initial printer setup will make your HP Laserjet P1006 printer usable. Go through the guidelines one by one to accomplish the initial printer setup.
- Place the printer shipment box on a flat and sturdy surface. Cut the tapes of the shipment box with the help of a knife or cutter. Be careful while cutting the tapes.
- After that, carefully bring out the HP Laserjet P1006 printer from the box and place it on a strong surface.
- Remove all the tapes and stickers from the body of your HP laserjet P1006 printer. Pull off the wrappers from the paper tray, scanner glass of the printer.
- You will get a power cord inside the shipment box. Connect the power cord from the printer to a nearby power socket.
- Switch on the power supply and turn on the printer. Use the Power button to turn it on.
- You can discover the toner cartridge inside the printer package. Bring it out and place it to the cartridge space.
- You need to load the papers now for printing. You can stack up to 250 papers. Open up the paper tray. Load the papers and align them by using the paper-slider.
- Push the paper tray back in the printer.
You are done with the initial printer setup of your HP Laserjet P1006 printer. Now you have to download and install the HP Laserjet P1006 printer driver.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Driver Installation
You can use your HP Laserjet P1006 efficiently if you decide to download all the compatible drivers for your HP Laserjet printer. The printer drivers can enhance the performance of your HP printer. Go through this guide to know how you can install the printer driver.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Driver Download
Obtain the printer drivers for the 123 HP Laserjet P1006 through these simple steps as mentioned below.
Go to the official website of HP Support. You can observe the Driver download section on that page.
Proceed with the Driver Download option. Once you reach the Download page, you need to provide the printer module on the required field. After that, choose the Begin option.
The website will search for the compatible driver for your HP Laserjet P1006 printer.
When any appropriate driver shows up for your printer, download the driver with the Download option.
Ensure that you have downloaded the driver according to the specifications of your HP Laserjet P1006 printer.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Driver Download and Installation for Windows
If you acquire any Windows computer then you have to track the simple steps to install the driver on your system.
- Use the installation CD that comes with the printer shipment package. Insert that CD on the disc drive of your Windows PC. Run the installation CD and stick to the on-screen guidelines. The installation will complete within several minutes.
- As an alternative, you can use the official HP Support website. Look for the 123 HP Laserjet P1006 printer driver on any web browser. Click on the official website of HP.
- On the next page, you need to provide the printer module number to get the appropriate driver. Continue with the Begin option.
- All the drivers will be shown on that page. Choose the compatible driver for your Windows device.
- Opt for the Save option to download the driver. Once the download completes, fetch the package from the Download folder on your Windows device. Double-click on the downloaded driver data.
- Next, follow all the guidelines on the screen to accomplish the driver installation on your Windows computer.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Driver Download and Installation for Mac
If you have any MacBook then track the steps below to achieve a successful driver installation for the HP Laserjet P1006.
- Use the installation CD if your Mac has an internal disc drive. You can also use an external disc drive to insert the installation CD. After running the CD, consider all the guidelines on the screen to fulfill the installation and driver setup.
- Alternatively, you can go to the official website of HP Support. Search for the HP Laserjet P1006 printer driver for Mac.
- Provide the model number of your printer. Click on the Begin option. The website will look for an appropriate driver for your HP Laserjet printer.
- Download the driver. Double-click on the downloaded driver data to initialize the installation.
Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the driver installation and setup on the Mac device.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Connect Using USB
The HP Laserjet P1006 is not a wireless printer. So you have to rely on the USB cable to connect your HP printer to your PC. Well, you can find a USB cable inside the printer shipment box. Go through the steps below to connect your printer to your computer.
- Turn on the computer that you are going to connect to. Make sure that you have switched on your HP Laserjet P1006 printer.
- Insert one end of the USB cable to the rear end of the printer.
- Plugin the other side of the cable to one of the USB ports of your PC. Make sure that the USB port is working fine.
- After that, check whether your PC has recognized the printer. If the computer recognizes then the connection is stable and secure.
- If not recognized, then you need to tighten the USB cable at both ends.
Now, you can print whatever you want if the connection is stable through the USB cable.
123 HP Laserjet P1006 Troubleshooting
You can easily handle your HP Laserjet P1006 if you go through the basic troubleshooting ideas from here.
How to Scan on HP Laserjet P1006 Printer:
It is way easier to save any document as a scanned copy rather than an original one. Check out how you can use your 123 HP Laserjet P1006 printer to scan any document.
- Be sure that you have connected the HP Laserjet P1006 printer to your computer.
- Click on the Windows logo at the bottom-left corner of your Windows computer.
- Fetch the All Programs option.
- You can locate a folder named either HP or HP Printers.
- Choose the HP Laserjet P1006 folder.
- After that, you need to opt for the HP P1006 Scan to PC Setup option. Select the Add Device option. Add your device with valid credentials.
- Now, place your original document with upside down on the scanner glass of your printer. Ensure that the scanner glass is free of dust and trace of fingerprints.
- Press the Scan button to start scanning. Choose the storage location on your device.
- Alter the scanning properties if needed. Carry on the process by pressing the scan option.
You might have to flip the pages if the document is quite large.
How to Change the Print Setup on HP Laserjet P1006:
It is easy to customize the print setup on the HP Laserjet P1006 printer. Use the instructions as cited below.
- Press the Menu button on the Control Panel of the HP Laserjet printer.
- Press the arrow keys to locate the Print Setup option.
- Under the setup, you can notice several properties like orientation, duplex, copies or resolution, etc.
- You can easily customize those properties if your document requires that modification.
How to Copy on HP Laserjet P1006 Printer:
You can print several copies of a document through your HP Laserjet P1006 printer. Go through the instructions.
- Press the Copy button on your printer’s Control Panel. Then use the following orderings: Menu>Copy Feature.
- Place a document upside down on the scanner glass. Make sure that the scanner glass is clean.
- Alter the settings like Enlarge/Reduce, Darkness, etc according to your document’s requirements.
- Provide the number of copies you need to print. Adjust the number of copies by using the arrow keys.
- Press the Start button to start copying.
You can abort the copying just by pressing the Cancel option on your printer’s Control Panel.
How to Install Toner Cartridge on HP Laserjet P1006:
You can install the toner cartridge to your monochrome HP Laserjet P1006 yourself. Just check out the steps below.
- A toner cartridge resides in your printer shipment box. Get the toner.
- Rotate the toner. It will help to redistribute the ink all over the toner.
- Open up the cartridge door. Remove the orange tab from the toner.
- Insert the toner in the cartridge space. Push the cartridge until you can hear a sound that it snaps to its position.
- Close the cartridge door if you have placed the cartridge successfully.
Switch on the HP Laserjet P1006 printer and start printing.