123.hp.com/ljm506x - HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x
The HP Laserjet Enterprise M506x printer is capable of automatic duplex printing and ideal for office uses. This printer can print up to 45 pages per minute. It can detect attacks and malicious commands as well. This printer has a 550 sheet capacity tray and 100 sheet capacity multipurpose tray that is an amazing specification of it.
So, if you are planning to buy a printer for your office purpose then HP Laserjet Enterprise M506x can be the correct choice for yours. But you should know the setup procedures to use it properly. Follow the mentioned steps carefully and complete the setup as well.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer Primary Setup
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer- Driver Installation
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer- Mobile Printing
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer Primary Setup
After purchasing your new printer you have to set up your it to start printing. Hence, you have to follow the steps mentioned here one by one.
Step 1: Unpack the Printer
At first, you have to place your printer on a flat surface then check the circumstances mentioned below.
- A well-ventilated, sturdy and dust-free area
- An area away from sunlight
- Humidity range- 30 to 40 %
- Temperature- 17 to 25° C
- Also, check there is enough space so that you can open the access door and the trays easily.
After that, remove the printer out from the printer box and also unwrap all the packing materials surrounded by your printer. Carefully you have to remove the tapes and the packing materials from your printer.
Step 2: Install the Paper Feeders
Now, its time to place the paper feeder on a stable surface and also remove the shipping tape from your printer. After that, you have to place the printer on the paper feeder carefully. In case you want to install many paper feeders then at first, stack all the feeder. Check that all the shipping tape has been removed from your printer. Now, place the printer on the tray and then open it. Then, press down the lever and lock the feeder. To lock the feeder completely press down the lever under toward the front of the printer.
Step 3: Connect the Network Cable
If the printer is connected to a network, then take a network cable. But if not then you can move to the next step. But do not connect a USB cable now. When you are prompted to install the software then connect the USB cable with your printer.
Step 4: Attach the Power Cable and Switch on your Printer
Now, you have to attach the power cable between the AC outlet and your printer. We recommend using the original cable that is given with your printer. After that, turn the printer on and wait until it gets connected with a network connection. Then, move to the Control Panel and change the date, time, language as per your preference.
Step 5: Load Paper
Now, it’s time to load the paper feeder to start printing. To do so, open the paper tray and adjust the paper tray. Then, load the tray with sufficient paper and then close the tray.
Step 6: Verify the Printer’s Functions
At first, open the Control Panel and then scroll down and find the Administration option from the list. Then launch the following menus mentioned below.
- Configuration/ Status Pages
Then, choose the Configuration page and then tap on the Print icon. In case your printer is connected to a network then search for the IP address.
IPv4: In case the IP address is 0.0.0.0 or 162.252.x.x then you have to configure the IP address manually.
IPv6: When the IP address begins with fe80 then assume that your printer is now able to print.
Step 7: Update Firmware
This is an optional method. HP updates features in a regular manner that you can find in printer firmware. Hence, if you update the printer firmware then you can get more current features as well.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer- Driver Installation
Once you have installed the drivers it will enhance the performance of your printer. So, install the compatible drivers for your device.
- To do so, at first install the Laserjet printer software and move to the 123.hp.com/setup M506x.
- Then, tap on the blank box and enter the model number of your printer and press the Begin icon.
- Now, tap on the HP Laserjet M506x and then click on the Open icon.
- Choose the Driver data by double-clicking on it and check if the drivers are compatible with your device or not.
- Finally, go through the instructions shown on the display and complete the installation.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer- Mobile Printing
This HP printer supports a few software for mobile printing. Look at the list and know them.
- HP ePrint software
- HP print through an email(Need HP Web-Services enabled device)
- HP ePrint app(Available for iOS, Blackberry, and Android)
- Air Print
- Google Cloud Print 1.0
- Android Printing
- HP Home and Biz app(For Symbian and Nokia devices)
We hope the above solutions will help you to complete the setup of your HP Laserjet M506x printer. If you have any further details then get connected with us and get the most reliable solutions from our end.