123.hp.com/ljprom118dw - HP LaserJet Pro M118dw
Here, you will get all the assistance from us regarding the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer. The printer needs its own drivers for functioning properly. HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer has multi-functional capabilities that can scan, copy and print. It also supports USB and Ethernet connection by which you can set up a wired connection.
- HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Basic Setup
- Handling HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer Cartridges in Detail
- HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer Driver Installation
- Connectivity Setup for HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer
- HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Wireless Mobile Printing
- Troubleshooting Procedure for HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer
123 HP LaserJet Pro M118dw Initial Printer Setup
You must unbox the printer after buying the device. To do so, go through the steps which are given below.
- First, take out the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer from the box and clear out all the plastic items, stickers, cello tapes, etc from the box as well as the device.
- You must also remove all the covering and tapes from the ink cartridge access door and close it.
- Place down the paper tray and wait unless and until it gets placed, after that close the tray very carefully.
- Now connect the power cord and connect it to the printer device and also to the power supply outlet. Turn on your device and select the Preferences like time, language, date, country name, etc with the help of the printer’s Control Panel section.
- Verify it and click “OK”. then a welcome screen will display on the screen of your printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and keep it open until the printer shows the cartridge slots idle.
- Remove all the wrappers from the ink cartridge, insert them and close the access door.
- Now you need to align a bunch of papers properly by pulling out the paper tray. In case the alignment is not properly done, you might get a poor quality of prints on the paper.
- Close the paper tray and move on to the printer Control Panel to make sure that the setup is completely done.
Handling HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer Cartridges in Detail
You will get the brief procedure in ink cartridge installation in the basic setup portion. Here, we will discuss every detail of cartridges and their handling process.
- In order to set up your printer, the installation of cartridges is one of the primary processes that you must do. You must perform this process very carefully just because of a sudden mishandling of ink cartridges will result in ink failure, ink clogs, nozzle problems and many more.
- There are basically two types of ink cartridge that you will get along with your printing device. One is the black and white cartridge and the other is the color. Place the color cartridge on the left slot and the black and white into the right slot. You can also refill those cartridges when the ink is finished.
- In order to refill the cartridge bottles, just go to any computer store and buy ink. Then insert the ink through the small hole which is present on the cartridge.
- Now if you want to replace the ink, just follow the same procedure in the previous point. Pull the cartridge out from the printer slot and then replace it with a new one. If you want to know the process in detail, then visit the 123.hp.com/laserjet pro installation of cartridge for details.
HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer Driver Installation
Installing driver software for the printer will help you to use the device’s enhanced features. The installation process of drivers for Windows as well as Macintosh operating system is given here. Here you will find all the drivers for the scanner, printer, and your computer as well.
Drivers for Windows
In this section, the installation setup for Windows 7 and 10 are contributed. Follow the steps very carefully.
HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer drivers are very much compatible with Windows 7. It might not be functional with Windows 8 or some other version. In such cases, you have to download carefully the correct set of driver files.
All the latest versions of HP Laserjet Pro M118dw drivers are smoothly compatible with Windows 10. So you will not face any sort of trouble while installing the printer drivers in your Windows 10 operating system. If you still face any problems, then we are here for you always to provide assistance.
Driver Installation Procedure
The driver installation procedure for both the Windows operating system is here as follows.
- Open the 123.hp.com/setup page and enter your printer model number. After clicking on “OK”, you will be redirected to the download page and then you will find all the necessary drivers.
- Before downloading the driver executable files, make sure that you are downloading the latest version of the setup files. Those files will help your computer as well as your printer to function correctly.
- After downloading the drivers, select the connection type to the printer only if the system prompts you. If not, then go to the next step.
- Now you need to choose the type of connection and restart your computer to save the changes
Drivers for Macintosh
When you are using the Macintosh operating system, you will definitely need to go to the 123.hp.com/setup driver page, then download and install the drivers. From the driver page, you will get all the drivers available. Make sure that you download the correct and latest version of drivers. If you download the outdated versions, then it might affect the printer’s functionalities. Now track the instructions given below.
- Click to open the “System Preferences” which is located on the Apple menu. Depending on the version of your Macintosh operating system, choose any task form the list that is given there.
- If the system prompts you for choosing the connection type, choose it and proceed to the next step.
- Now, visit the 123.hp.com/support page and apply your Macintosh OS version as well as the model number of the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer.
- Then click on the “Download” button to download the file. After the download is complete, double-click on the setup (.dmg) file to install the application.
- Now follow all the instructions on the screen to complete the installation procedure. After the installation is complete, print a test page to ensure that whether the drivers are properly installed or not.
- If the driver installation turns out to be incomplete, then repeat the entire process from the beginning.
Connectivity Setup for HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer
HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer supports WPS, WSW, Auto Wireless setup and USB connectivity. All the details of these setup functions are here as follows.
Wireless Protected Setup
To set up your HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer’s Wireless Protected setup go through the instructions which are given below.
- Switch on your 123 HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer and take a look at the printer’s Control Panel, then click on the wireless icon.
- Now, tap on the “Settings” icon and press the WSW option on the printer’s Control Panel.
- After that, turn your attention towards the computer and download the HP Utility software and install it.
- Download the wireless setup driver software from 123.hp.com for your WiFi connectivity.
- Now, type the network key and password to the wireless connection that you want to connect with the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer.
- After that, type the name of the network in which you wish to connect and along with the password to connect the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer.
- As your printer is successfully connected, tap on the WPS button from your WiFi router and connect your printer device to the wireless setup connectivity.
- Now select the name of your printer and to utilize its copy, print and scan features.
Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard is the built-in feature in your HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer. The details of Wireless Setup Wizard are as follows.
- In the beginning, you need to confirm that there is no software installed and no hardware active in your printer. Otherwise, this might create issues.
- Now, click on the “Settings” and then select the “Restore Network Settings”. After that, follow the given instructions carefully one by one.
- Restart your computer as well as the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer and move to WSW and select the name of your connection.
- Enter the passphrase of the particular network and then connect to it.
- When the connection is successful, download all the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer driver software from the download page.
- Now proceed to the on-display instructions present on the screen and wait till the installation process finishes.
- Then, check the connection of your network and make sure whether the process is successful or not.
Auto Wireless Connect
Connecting to the wireless network without any prompt is an easy way to work with your HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer. The steps to connect to a wireless network are as follows.
- Windows Vista and Macintosh OS X including its upgraded version support auto wireless network connectivity. Your computer must be active in the wireless network along with the printer with a clock rate suitable to 5 GHz.
- Ensure that your printer supports the Wireless Fidelity feature (WiFi).
- Make sure that your system doesn’t use static IP addresses.
- Now, connect the printer to the network by selecting the Wireless Connection Mode.
- After that, you need to restore your printer’s previous settings and follow the instructions there.
- Touch on the wireless icon which is present in the Control Panel of the printer and then click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Restore Network Settings” or “Restore Network Default” menu and follow the rest of the instructions.
All the instructions of setting up your HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer via USB cable are now given below.
- Here, you need to connect your HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer with the help of a USB cable to the computer.
- When the printer prompts you with a message, disconnect the USB cable or you might face many problems.
- At the same time, the software present in your printer will naturally detect the USB connection settings for you.
- In case if it prompts and asks you to set the type of connection by selecting the option like Network or Wireless.
- Now it is time to install the driver by following the on-screen instructions. Complete the installation task by tapping on the “Finish” button.
- Check whether the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer USB setup is done or not. To verify it, you need to print a test page and ensure successful connectivity via the USB.
Connectivity Setup for HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer
HP Laserjet Pro M118dw is a fantastic printer for your home as well as the office. Apart from the wired network, your printer also supports mobile printing facility. All the platforms of mobile printing solution are given below.
It a mobile printing feature that helps you to print your documents, photos, and others with the help of the printer’s email id. For this, you need to know the email id of your printer and also you need to enable the web service too. The details of ePrint are here as follows.
- Verify and be sure that your printer and computer are active in the same wireless network.
- Setup your printer by downloading the driver software from the 123.hp.com/setup and then install it one by one.
- Make sure that the HP Web Service feature is already enabled. If not, then you need to enable it. Then follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
- Now turn over to your printer Control Panel and select the ePrint option. Then go to the HP Web Services settings menu and then select the “Display Email Address” option to show the printer’s email id on the screen.
- Take a pen and paper, note the email id down to it for future preferences. If it is not possible at once, you might choose the print info and print an information page that consists of all the necessary codes and customized information.
- In case you might want to turn off the ePrint feature, then you can select the HP Web Services and tap on the ePrint option, then press “Off”.
This feature helps all the Apple users to print directly from iPhone, iPad, and iPod (Touch). If you are an Apple user, then you can also print from applications like mail, photos, iBooks and many more. Apple introduced Airprint for the first time ever. It works with iOS version 4.2 or higher than that. Airprint also works with Macintosh computers which run in Mac OS X 10 series. The necessary steps of the Apple Airprint setup are given below.
- First, you need to establish the connection between your iOS devices like iPod, iPhone, and iPad to the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw printer.
- Then, visit the 123.hp.com/setup M118DW webpage and download all the drivers from there. Before downloading the drivers, make sure that the file extension must be in .dmg format.
- You must configure your printer with the Airprint feature first before printing any files from the printing device.
- After downloading and installing the Airprint application executable file, you can now share any of your documents with the help of it by selecting the application.
- One more time, just check whether the 123 HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Airprint mobile printing setup is well synced.
- If you face any problem regarding the download process, then you can download it form any secured third-party website.
Cloud Print is powered by Google which assists you to print from any place in this globe with the help of a stable internet connection via a mobile phone or tablet device. To make the perfect use of Cloud Print, just follow the instructions to install it properly.
- Switch on your printer and pull out the paper tray, place some fresh and smooth papers and close the tray. Also, don’t forget to install the ink cartridges as well.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/laserjetpro m118dw printer to the same wireless network in which your computer is active.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and log in to your active Google Account.
- The matter of fact is that Google Cloud Print can able to detect the network automatically. Just be sure that your printer device is on the list of “My Devices”. If yes, then tap on the “Manage” option and have a look at the Google Cloud Print feature.
- If it is present under the section of “New Device”, then select your printer device and register it to Google Cloud Print.
- Now go to the printer Control Panel and select the “Mobile Printer Setup” with the Google Cloud Print. Register the printer by providing its email id.
- Finish the setup and open the Google Cloud Print application and follow all the instructions given there.
Connectivity Setup for HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer
Problems are inevitable while using the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer. If you face any problems using the printer device, then you need to troubleshoot it as soon as possible. Here are some instructions that you must follow to avoid any kind of problems.
Connect the HP Laserjet Pro M118dw Printer to Computer
To perform this connectivity setup, you must follow the instructions that are given below.
- Turn on your computer or laptop with the help of proper cables and Ethernet wires and connect it to the wireless network. Ensure that the computer and printer are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Proceed towards the printer Control Panel, choose the Wireless icon and open the Wireless Setup Wizard. Now you can see the list of networks that are available.
- Choose the particular network in which you want to connect to and enter the network id and password manually.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/laserjetpro m118dw website, download and install all the necessary drivers as you need.
Setup WPS PIN
To establish the WPS PIN in your printing device, go through the instructions which are given below.
- Just like the previous section, turn on your printer, computer and wireless modem connect both the device to the same wireless network. If your printer device has a PBS feature, then push it and proceed to the next step.
- Now, press the Wireless Button and then tap on the WPS button which is present on the router. Wait for some time because this short span of the time period will build up the connection.
- When you decide to use the PIN method, hit the Wireless button which is on the Control panel of your printer device. If your printer device is busy somehow, then wait for some time to finish its task. Again, visit the Control Panel and select the Settings.
- Touch the WPS button which is on the network list to select your desired network name. Then apply id and password and then follow the instructions present there.