123.hp.com/ojpro8500a - HP Officejet Pro 8500a
The HP Officejet Pro 8500a is a popular modern all-in-one printer. It offers the ability to scan, print, copy and fax documents as well. This printer offers up to 50% savings on energy, paper, and ink consumption. This is achieved due to its color laser and duplex printing feature.
Furthermore, the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer can print up to 35 pages per minute at its maximum capacity. Here, we will provide a detailed 123.hp.com/ojpro8500a Printer Setup guide to setup your printer with ease.
We also provide support for 123 hp Officejet pro 8500a printer driver installation and download as well as 123 hp Officejet pro printer wireless setup. Here we will discuss these:
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Printer Driver Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Wireless Printer Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Wireless Mobile Printing Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Google loud Printing Setup
123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Initial Printer Setup
Initially, you have to clear out a perfectly flat and plain surface near your computer or elsewhere. This spot needs to be away from direct sunlight, moisture, and dust. Afterward, unpack your printer and place it on the surface.
Now, we have to install the duplexer and the second tray. Generally, these components are not provided with the printer itself. They are sold separately. Therefore, follow the instructions below to install these into your printer.
- Go behind the printer or turn it in the opposite direction facing away from you.
- Next, take the Duplexer and understand the correct direction it is to be installed.
- Carefully, slide the Duplexer into the printer’s back until you hear a ‘click’ sound. This will indicate that the Duplexer has been locked into its place.
- Similarly, place the second tray on a flat surface next to the printer. Unpack the second tray and remove all the packaging.
- Ensure that the printer is OFF. Now, pick up the printer and place it on top of the second tray. Again, you’ll hear a ‘click’ sound to indicate that it is in its place.
Next, you have to place the ink cartridge into the printer. Therefore, you need to unpack the ink cartridge from the box. Subsequently, you have to remove the sticker that you will find under it. This sticker is applied to prevent any leakage from the cartridge.
Next, open the printer cover from the front. Take the printer cartridge and place it carefully in its place until you hear the ‘click’ sound. Afterward, close the cover and insert some paper into the paper tray. Do a test print to confirm that everything is in its place.
Now, you have to install the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer’s driver to complete the setup
123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Printer Driver Installation
A Printer driver is like any other driver installed in your operating system. It helps the computer to properly configure the connected hardware with the computer. Thus, it is necessary for the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer works normally.
Generally, most hardware come with their own Driver installation discs. Thus, you just have to put the disc into the computer and run the setup file. However, you can also download it from the internet if you have misplaced it or don’t have it.
Follow the steps below to install it in either Windows or Mac.
- Open a browser and go to the official 123.hp.com/ojpro8500a website. Next, head over to the Drivers and Downloads section.
- Here, you have to enter the printer model number in the search field. Thus, you have to enter ‘HP Officejet Pro 8500a’ and press enter. Now, download the required driver for the printer.
- Next, run the setup file as an Administrator and complete the installation procedure. You can do this by simply following the instructions as displayed on the screen.
- As above, go to the official 123.hp.com/ojpro8500a website and search for your printer’s model by visiting the Drivers and Downloads section.
- Next, download the printer driver for the specific version of your Mac computer. Afterward, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, you should register your product by signing in to your HP account. It is free to create an account if you do not have an existing one.
Enable Second Tray
Normally, you do not have to activate Duplexer for it to work. However, you have to activate the second tray from the printer driver software. You can do this by following these steps.
- Press the Windows logo button to bring up the Start menu. Here, type ‘printer’ and select the first result.
- Find HP Officejet Pro 8500a from the list of printers and right-click on it. Now, select Properties.
- Head over to the Device Settings tab and select the option to ‘Tray 2’ or ‘Second Tray’. Lastly, click Ok to finish the setup process.
- Click on the top menu and go to System Preferences. Here, click on Print & Fax.
- Next, go to Options & Supplies and click on the Drivers tab.
- Here, select the option to ‘Turn on Tray 2’ or ‘Turn on Second Tray’ and click on Ok.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Wireless Setup
The HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer comes with wireless functionality. This helps the users to print documents and files through the Internet. Therefore, you can place the printer in a separate place disconnected from the computer.
There are three ways to set up your Wireless printer.
- Ethernet Cable
- USB Cable
- Printer’s Control Panel
Ethernet or USB Cable
First, you have to connect the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer to your computer for the initial setup. Afterward, follow the instructions below to turn on the wireless connection.
- Press the Windows logo button to bring up the Start menu. Next, type ‘HP’ and select the printer driver software.
- Here, go to ‘ Connect a New Printer’ and change the Connection type to Wireless.
- Next, follow the instructions as displayed on the screen. Finally, connect your the printer with your Wi-Fi.
- Click on the Finder tab from the top toolbar. Next, click on Applications.
- Here, find and select the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer’s driver folder.
- Next, double click on HP Setup assistant and click on Change Connection Type. Finally, choose the wireless option and connect your printer to the Wi-Fi Network.
After these steps, you can now disconnect your printer from the computer. You will be able to print wirelessly through your Wi-Fi network.
Printer’s Control Panel
The easiest way to set up your wireless printer is by doing it through the printer’s control panel. Generally, the control panel comes in handy for copying and scanning documents. However, it offers additional functionalities as well.
Therefore, you can set up your wireless printer by following the steps below.
- Go to your printer and ensure that it is turned on. Next, press the right directional arrow button and select ‘Network’.
- Choose the Wireless option and select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’. Next, tap the Ok button or tap on it.
- Subsequently, use the arrow keys to navigate around and connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Lastly, you can check your printer’s wireless connection by following the instructions below.
- Again, go to your printer’s control panel and press the Right arrow button. Choose network and press Ok.
- Here, find and select the Wireless Network Test and open it.
- Finally, follow the instructions on your screen and complete the connectivity test.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Wireless Mobile Printing Setup
In addition to Wireless printing, HP Officejet Pro 8500a printers offer mobile printing as well. This allows users to print their documents, photographs, and files directly from their smartphone or tablet. Here, we have discussed the various mobile printing methods available for different devices.
Firstly, you have to enable printer sharing before heading to the next section. Go through these steps to turn on printer sharing.
- Press the Windows logo button and type ‘printer’. Next, select the first result.
- Now, find HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer from the list and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Sharing’ and choose ‘Turn on printer sharing’. Make sure that it is unblocked by your firewall.
- Click on the Apple menu from the top toolbar. Next, select System Preferences.
- Here, head over to the ‘Sharing’ menu. Subsequently, select ‘Printer sharing’.
- Finally, choose the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer from the list and save your settings.
Airprint for Apple Devices
Apple products like iPhone and iPad have a special Airprint feature. It is built-in and no extra applications are required for printing wirelessly. Therefore, you can print documents by following the instructions below.
- Open the file that you wish to print with your printer. Next, simply tap on print.
- Afterward, select HP Officejet Pro 8500a from the list. Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network.
- Finally, tap on print to take a print out of the file.
E-Print for Android Devices
To begin with, Android devices do not have a built-in feature like Airprint. Therefore, HP has launched its own application for mobile printing. This application is called E-Print and it can work with most network-based printers including HP Officejet Pro 8500a.
Download the application from the Google Play Store. Next, go through the steps below.
- Open the E-Print application and browse your phone. Select the file or document of your choice.
- Next, tap on Print and find HP Officejet Pro 8500a from the list. Again, make sure that it is connected to the same network as the phone.
- Lastly, tap on print again and the document will be printed.
Cloud Printing for Computers and Desktops
Cloud printing is an option available for desktop and computer systems. Currently, this is available only for Google Chrome. However, you can use normal network printing for printing your documents. We have discussed how to set up Google Cloud printing in the subsequent section.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8500a Google Cloud Printing Setup
The main advantage of Google Cloud printing is that you can print from anywhere. After the initial setup, the HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer will be linked to your Google account. Thus, you can print from your office or friend’s computer to your own home printer.
You can set up Google Cloud printing by following the steps below.
- Open Google chrome and make sure that you’re logged in. Next, click on the three dots to bring up the Chrome menu.
- Here, select Settings and head over to Advanced Settings. Find and click on the Google cloud printing option.
- Next, click on ‘Manage Cloud printing devices’. Here, you have to select HP Officejet Pro 8500a from the list. Similar to previous setups, the printer needs to be connected to the same network as the computer.
- Finally, the printer will print a confirmation page after a successful connection.
As a good practice, you should always use unknown computers cautiously. You can use the Incognito mode to sign in to your main Google account. The HP Officejet Pro 8500a printer only needs to stay on the same network during the initial setup. Afterward, you will be able to remotely print from your smartphone, tablet or Google account from anywhere.