123.hp.com/ojpro8170 - HP OfficeJet Pro 8170
Here we will provide you all the detail procedures for setting up the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer. If you are looking for stepwise 123.hp.com/Officejet Pro 8170 printer installation, we can help with the setup process. Besides, we will also cover the following processes to carry out the printer setup easily.
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Driver Installation
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Wireless Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 USB Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Wireless Mobile Printing
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Troubleshooting
We have our excellent team with highly-skilled engineers who can help you with the setup. They can also fix various printer issues so you can install 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 without any inconvenience.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Initial Printer Setup
The initial set up for the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer is given below.
- Peel off all the plastic tapes and wrappers from the printer package. Thereafter, keep the box on a flat and smooth surface. Bring out the machine from the cardboard box very carefully.
- Now take out all the printer components and unwrap them. Plugin the power cord to the printer and also to the electric socket in order to charge the device.
- After that, press the Power button and turn on the device. Take out the ink cartridge provided with the package and install them in their respective places. Make sure that you have placed the ink cartridges perfectly.
- After the successful installation of the ink cartridges, pull out the paper tray. Take a stack of paper, which should be of the same size as the tray. Now place them in the tray and insert it back into the printer.
The primary setup of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer is now complete.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Driver Installation
The steps for the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer driver installation are given below. Here, we will discuss the procedure for both Windows as well as the Macintosh platform.
Driver Installation for Windows
The steps for printer driver installation for Windows are as follows.
- Open your default web browser and type the web page address of HP support in the address bar and hit “Enter”. After the page opens, type your printer’s model number as well as the version of the Operating System that you are using.
- Now the download page will show all the necessary driver files for the printer. Download those drivers and install them. The drivers allow you to explore the advanced features of the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer.
The printer driver installation for Windows OS is now complete.
Driver Installation Process for Macintosh OS
The process for driver installation in the Macintosh Operating System is quite the same as Windows. In this OS environment, the default browser of Mac is Safari. Hence, you have to open this web browser and download all the printer drivers by following the steps given above.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Printer Wireless Setup
Here, we will elaborate on the detailed procedures for wireless printer setup in both Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems.
Wireless Setup for Windows
The following steps will teach you how to set up a wireless network in a Windows Operating System.
- After finishing the driver installation, turn on the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer, wireless router, and your computer to start the setup process.
- Now open the “Wireless Setup Wizard” on your printer’s “Control Panel”. Select the network of your wireless router and confirm the process by clicking “OK”.
Wait for a few minutes and the printer will connect to the wireless network.
Wireless Setup for Macintosh
As discussed above, the wireless setup for Macintosh OS is more or less the same. After opening the printer’s “Control Panel”, you just have to choose the “HP wireless setup for Mac” option and connect the printer to the wireless network.
Enable Auto Wireless Connect
To enable the feature of Auto Wireless Connect for your printer, just download this wireless setup driver form HP’s download page. Install the setup and configure it by selecting “Network (Ethernet/Wireless)”. After this, follow the on-screen instruction from there to complete the wireless setup.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 USB Setup
When the wireless connection is interrupted somehow, the wired setup is the only hope to carry out the task. The steps for establishing a USB-based 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer setup are as follows.
- Place your printer near your computer and connect one end of the USB cable to the rear side of the printing machine. Then connect the other side to your PC’s USB port.
- A stable connection is now established. So, open the Printer Setup Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, the USB setup is now complete and your computer is connected to the printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Wireless Mobile Printing
The setup processes for mobile printing are given below in detail.
Print via AirPrint Setup
AirPrint is exclusively developed for Apple users. You can easily print any files from your Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch on the HP’s printing device. The steps are as follows.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer and make sure that your printer is compatible with AirPrint technology. Now click on the “System Preferences” on your Mac device and select the name of the printer.
- Select the “AirPrint” option and add the printer by including its name to the printer queue.
Note: You don’t have to perform the setup process if you are not using any Mac computer. You can just print from your iOS device directly without AirPrint.
- Establish the wireless network and connect it to your iOS device and printer. Now select the document that you want to print and tap on the “Print” option.
- Now a list of connected printers will appear on your device. So, select the name of your printer and again tap on the “Print” option.
The printer will start printing your selected items after this procedure.
Setup and Print with e-Print
It is a unique printing process that prints via email. The detail steps are given below.
- Go to the HP support page and download the ePrint application. Install it, navigate to the “Control Panel” and tap on the “ePrint” option.
- Now follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process to connect the printer. Then log into your ePrint account.
- Thereafter, activate the “Web Services” from the ePrint menu in the printer’s Control Panel. After the successful activation, obtain the printer’s email id by printing an information page.
- Register the printer’s email address to your ePrint account. Send all the documents to the printer’s email id and the device will print it accordingly.
Once you have set up the ePrint account, the printer will print an information page. Read it thoroughly to know more about this process.
Setup and Print through Mopria Print
This printing platform is also specially designed for Android smartphones and tablets. The setup and printing procedures for Mopria Print are as follows.
- To proceed with the setup, your Android device must be using 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher than that. Install the Mopria Print application from Play Store.
- Launch the application and make sure that both the device and printer are connected to the same wireless/wired network.
- After setting up the service, select the file that you want to print. Also, click the “OK” button to finish the process.
Try to test print a document by connecting your 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 to Mopria Print.
Print via Cloud Print Setup
Cloud Print is the setup process that helps you to print anything over the Internet. This doesn’t require separate drivers to function. The detail steps are given below to use this setup.
- Turn on your computer and open the Google Chrome browser. Now click on the “Settings” option and find the “Advanced Settings”.
- It will redirect you to the “Google Cloud Print” option. Next, select the printer icon and synchronize it with your PC. Then select the files that you want to print after launching the Cloud Print option.
Hopefully, the printer will print all of your selected files using the Cloud Print platform.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8170 Troubleshooting
Problems are inevitable in any electronic device and HP Officejet Pro 8170 is no exception to it. When your printer faces any problems, you need to troubleshoot them as soon as possible. The troubleshooting steps are given below.
Solutions for Some General Printer Issues
Irrespective of any specific issue, we are providing a few common tips to troubleshoot any printer error.
- When your printer exhibits network installation error, remove the network driver form your system if it’s corrupted. After that, reinstall it and restart your PC to save these changes.
- If your printer cannot find its network driver during the setup, chances are high that you haven’t installed it previously. So, install the driver and hopefully, it will solve your problem.
- When you cannot print from your mobile phone, make sure that you have a stable WiFi network. Also, ensure that your mobile is connected to the same wireless network as that used by the printer.
- If the printer doesn’t print, try to update the HP Print Service Plug-in application on your phone.
After discussing these common troubleshooting hacks, let’s consider a few issues experienced by many HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer users.
Printer not Printing from ePrint
If your printer cannot print certain email jobs via ePrint, then check the printing status of received tasks. Also, make sure that the jobs in the printer’s queue are correctly assigned. Once again, make sure that your network connection is stable and strong.
AirPrint Message not found on iOS
To troubleshoot this issue, turn off the WiFi on your Apple device. Then check the network status and restart your printer. If there is a network issue, disconnect and reconnect the network option. Hopefully, the AirPrint will be available on your printer.
Tips While Working with 123 HP Officejet Pro 8170
To avoid any serious issue during printing from your HP Officejet Pro 8170 printer, follow these simple tips:
Always use genuine HP branded cartridge and printer peripherals.
We also advise you to use smooth and good quality paper to experience enhanced quality printouts.
When you perform any delicate task like cleaning the printer nozzle, printer heads, etc., always use a thin piece of cloth. Moreover, do these types of tasks very carefully and especially under the guidance of an expert.
The components inside the printer are very delicate, so handle them with care. If you accidentally damage them, it will be very much expensive to replace it with a new one.