123.hp.com/envy7164 - HP Envy 7164
We will provide you all the support and assistance regarding 123.hp.com/Envy7164 printer elementary setup procedure, 123 HP Envy7164 driver download steps, 123 HP Envy7164 driver installation and 123 HP Envy7164 wireless setup methods.
- 123 HP Envy7164 Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Envy7164 Driver Installation
- 123 HP Envy7164 Wireless Setup
- 123 HP Envy7164 Wireless Mobile Printing
- 123 HP Envy7164 Google Cloud Print
Our team has expert engineers who will help you to solve all the issues regarding your 123 HP Envy7164 printer.
123 HP Envy 7164 Initial Printer Setup
The elementary setup procedures for the 123 HP Envy7164 printer are now as follows.
- Take out the printer device and place it in a safe place. Before that, remove all the packaging materials and we recommend you recycle them all.
- Moreover, take out all the printer components and unwrap them too. Untie the power cable and connect it to the printer and as well as to the power supply port. Your printer device will start charging as well.
- Now hit the power switch of the HP Envy 7164 printer and turn it on.
- Lift up to open the ink cartridge access door. Open the packaging of the ink cartridge and insert them one by one to its desired slots.
- When the cartridge installation is complete, close the access section and open the paper input tray. Insert a bunch of papers and adjust them with the paper slider. Then push the tray inside the printer and the device will automatically print a test page, verifying that all the above-given processes are done successfully.
As the primary setup of your 123 hp envy 7164 printer is now complete, you need to download all the correct and appropriate driver software to advance further with the printer.
123 HP Envy 7164 Driver Installation
The setup and installation of drivers for your 123 HP Envy7164 printer in both Windows and Macintosh platforms are given here in detail. But first, you need to know some basic steps for the general driver installation procedure.
- For the HP Envy Printer software installation, visit the 123.hp.com/setup 7164 website.
- There you will see a blank search box for input. Enter the printer credentials like name and model number, then press “OK” and you will be redirected to the downloads page.
- There you will see the list of drivers present. Click on the hp Envy 7164 driver Download button and click on Open, Save or Run icon to download the driver files.
- Locate and find the download directory where the drivers are downloaded, select each of the files one at a time and double-click on them to launch the installation procedure.
- After that, observe and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the task.
- At last, return to the 123.hp.com/Envy7164 website from your default browser and complete the registration as well as the activation process.
Driver Installation Process for Windows
Since you are using the Windows operating system, the drivers are readily available in hp com setup 7164 websites. Open the webpage and download the precise driver files from there. It’s the driver files, which allows you to set up a communication with the advanced and predominant features of your HP Envy 7164 printer.
Driver Installation Process for Macintosh
In the Macintosh platform, you need to download all the latest drivers of the 123 HP Envy7164 printer. This latest driver files will help the printer to bring out its enhanced features to you. Before downloading the driver files, make sure that they are properly compatible with the Macintosh system that you are using.
123 HP Envy 7164 Wireless Setup
You can set up your 123 HP Envy7164 printer wirelessly in both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. The steps to set up your printer on both platforms are given here.
Wireless Setup for Windows
While using the Windows operating system, you need to turn on the 123.hp.com/Envy7164 wps printer machine, wireless router, and the computer as well to begin the setup process. Then, go near your printer to access the printer control panel. From there, tap to open the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option and select the particular wireless network to which you will connect. After the successful connectivity, adjust the settings which are mandatory for 123 hp envy 7164 wps setup.
Wireless Setup for Macintosh
In the Macintosh operating system environment, just like the previous section turn on your Mac computer, WiFi router, and printer. Then access the control panel of the printer and open the “Wireless Setup Wizard” menu. Enter the network key and password to connect to the appropriate wireless network. Now, confirm the setup process for hp wireless for Mac.
Establish Auto-Wireless Setup Procedure
This feature is present in your printer which connects the device to the wireless network automatically without the help of any cable or message prompt on the screen regarding the network information. To use this feature, just download and install the driver software from our driver downloads page and follow all the instructions on the screen to complete the task.
Connect with USB Cable
Sometimes the wireless network is unable to perform well, then the only hope is to connect your computer to the printer with the help of a USB cable. To do this, you need to bring the printer device closer to the system and plug-in one side of the USB cable to the USB port of the printer. Then plug in the other side to the USB section of your computer. Now the USB wired setup is complete with an uninterrupted connection between the device and system.
123 HP Envy 7164 Wireless Mobile Printing
Wireless mobile printing solutions include a few important platforms like Android, Apple’s iOS and others. The use of applications in these platforms is given below.
Apple’s Airprint application helps you to print form its mobile and tablet devices like the iPhone, iPad, and iPod (Touch). If you are using these devices, then you can print your documents with the help of the Airprint from the printer. When you are facing any problem while printing, you might refer to the 123 HP Envy7164 printer user manual book for a solution.
A cloud-based mobile printing platform in which you can assign jobs from any place in this world with the help of a stable internet connection. The ePrint application allows you to send the tasks to the printer with the help of the printer’s email id. This email id is activated when the device connects to any wireless network.
Cloud Print comes from Google which works with the help of your printer’s Web Service applications. A good internet connection is also responsible for printing via Google Cloud Print from your smartphones and tablet devices. Before using the Cloud Print, you need to register your printer to the Google Cloud Print application and alter some necessary changes in the settings.
Mopria print is directly related to the Android platform where you will be able to print your documents from your mobile phones and tablets. The devices must run in the Android KitKat operating system. If you are using a greater version of Android, then you will be able to use the application fruitfully. To use the Mopria Print application, download its set up file from 123 ho com setup webpage and install it.
123 HP Envy 7164 Google Cloud Print
As given in the previous section of Cloud Print, you can use this feature only when the Web Services of the 123 HP Envy7164 printer devices are active. You can print via your printer from any part of this world. To use the Google Cloud Print, the registration of your printer to it is a mandatory task that you must perform.
Registration Procedure of your Printer
As this is an important task, you must also have a brief knowledge about the minimum system requirements which are necessary to register your 123 HP Envy7164 printer. The requirements are as follows.
- You must have the Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Chrome book operating system running on your computer.
- Google Chrome web browser is also a must-need item to browse the internet.
- An active Google account.
- The Google Cloud Print feature must be active in the same network just like your computer.
Register your Printer
Now the steps to register your 123 HP Envy7164 printer are now as follows.
- Press the power button to turn on the 123.hp.com/Envy7164 printer device and double-click to open the Google Chrome browser. Then, sign in to the Google account.
- Click on the Chrome menu and select the settings from the drop-down menu present there.
- Move down and select the “Show Advanced Settings” and navigate the cursor to the Google Cloud Print application. Then tap on the Manage icon.
- Now the Google Cloud Print application detects your 123.hp.com/Envy7164 printer on the wireless network.
Connecting the Printer Device
There are few HP printer models that connect itself directly to the internet. Before connecting the printer device, make sure that the printer’s Cloud-Ready and ePrint feature is active. If they are not active by default, then you need to activate them manually.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and select the new tab to initiate the new devices option.
- In the “My Devices and Printer” section, try to notice whether your printer device is on the list.
- If it is so, then the hp setup 7164 printer device is already itemized with the Google Cloud Print application. Choose the Manage icon to view the printer names which are in the list of Cloud Print.
- When your 123 HP Envy7164 printer is on the list of “New Devices”, then select the Register icon and print out a confirmation page from the printer. In some HP printer model names, you might have to finish the enrollment and activation process from the device’s Control Panel.
- In case, your printer device is not in the list of registration items, you can easily assume that the device is either active in its wireless network or it is trying to communicate to its own email address. We can access the printer’s email address only when the ePrint feature allows us to do so.