123.hp.com/ojpro8600 - HP Officejet Pro 8600
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is an all in one color printer that is ideal for delivering professional color prints. With its USB 2.0 supportive slot and ethernet connection slot, this printer is the best option for Wi-Fi direct, e-print and Airprint. So if you are having this printer model and want to learn the procedure for 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 setup then this guide will help you.
we will be detailing the entire set up process of HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer step by step so that you can set it up correctly and start using it at the soonest.
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Initial Printer Setup
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver Installation
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Setup for Windows
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Mobile Printing
123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Initial Printer Setup
Check out the following steps to begin the set up of the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.
Step 1:Unbox the Printer
- First, unpack your printer by removing all the materials and tapes both from the outside as well as from inside.
- Take out and separate all the setup components one by one and unwrap them.
- Check the input tray and cartridge areas and if any packing materials are left over then you have to remove them.
- After removing all the printer packing materials recycle the 123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer.
Step 2: Connect the Power Cord
In this step, you have to supply power to the printer. For that, you have to use the power cord provided with the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to an external power source and other at the backside of the HP printer.
- Turn on your printer using the power button.
Step 3: Configure the Settings
- Go to the Control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer and then navigate to Settings.
- Here you have to set Country/region, language, Time and date
- Confirm the settings by clicking on OK.
Step 4: Install the Ink Cartridge
- After configuring the settings you have to install the ink cartridges to their allotted slots.
- Once you are asked to load A4 sheets, pull out the tray and load the papers by following the instructions.
- Now you’ll see Alignment Successful message popping up
123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Driver Installation
Here we are going to discuss the complete procedure of HP Officejet Pro driver installation for your Windows PC. So these are the steps you have to follow.
Install Windows Driver
Follow the steps below to install the driver for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer for your Windows computer.
- Click on the Windows logo and type Devices in the search panel.
- Select Printers and Drivers from the result.
- Locate your printer device by using the Add a Printer option.
- This will open up a list of printer devices within the range.
- Search your printer’s name in the list. If it is not listed there then click “The printer I want isn’t listed” option and add your printer device manually.
- From the manufacturer’s pane, select HP and the name of your device from the printer’s pane and then click on Next.
- Now, hit on Print a Test Page and check the performance of your printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Setup for Windows
For the wireless setup for HP Officejet Pro 8600, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions for your Windows computer.
1. Auto Wireless Connection
For the auto wireless connection of HP Officejet Pro 8600, you have to prepare some arrangements.
- You must use Windows 7,8 or 10.
- Make sure your computer is using a wireless connection to your network.
- The wireless adapter should be controlled by your computer.
- You must connect your computer to your network.
- Your computer has to use a dynamic IP address.
Start the Procedure
- First, download and run the printer software.
- Open the Printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the connection type as Wireless once you are prompted to do so.
- Click on “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)”. This command may vary for different printer models and operating systems.
- Wait until you get the connection.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup process.
2. Wireless Setup Wizard (Printer With Display)
You have to run the Wireless setup wizard from the printer’s control panel. For this set up you would require the name of your network, the network password, a system with a wireless network and lastly internet access. So let’s follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer or router.
- Make sure both the computer and printer are using the same wireless network.
- Now start the Wireless set up using the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Go to the printer control panel, click on the Wireless icon and then click on the Wireless Menu icon.
- Click on Wireless Settings and then click on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, the printer will capture all the networks available in and around.
- Connect the Printer by following the on-screen instructions on the printer Control panel.
- Turn on the printer, enter your printer model number and enter the password of your network.
- Click on Ok to confirm the settings.
3. Wi-Fi Protected Setup by Opening the List of Available Wireless Networks
You have to enable WPS on the wireless router or access point that broadcasts the WiFi signal.
- Click on the wireless icon and the list of the Wifi networks available in your area will come up.
- Search the network that you want to use, click on its name and then press Connect.
4. WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup for HP Officejet Pro 8600
For this method, you have to use printer support WPS push button mode. But for that, ensure that your wireless router has a physical WPS push button.
- Turn on your printer and begin the WPS push button mode on it.
- Immediately press the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Wait for a few seconds until you get the connection.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
If you are a Mac user then you may follow these steps for connecting your Printer to your Mac device wirelessly. For this setup, you would require the following items.
- The name of the network(SSID)
- Network password(WEP or WPA)
- The same wireless network for both your computer and printer device
2. Install the Driver Software
You can get a Mac printer driver for HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer either by downloading the software or using the CD that has been provided with the printer or you may also visit the official HP website. Just click on the link and the download page will be opened. Choose the driver as per your requirement and download the software by following the steps below.
- Go to the official website and search for the driver you are looking for.
- Click on the Download button and start the download process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on the Open, Save or Run option accordingly.
- Save the file as .dmg.
- Once you save the file, open the Download folder on the computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and launch the driver for your printer.
- Complete the driver setup and installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
3. Wireless Connection
You would require a wireless network password to complete the HP Officejet Pro 8600 wireless printer setup. If you want to get a password from the router then check the documents that have been provided with the router or you can get in touch with your Internet service provider.
For Mac, you can check the following steps.
- Open the Finder menu.
- Choose Go and then click on Utilities
- Once you see the Key chain list, select Local Items.
- Now select Passwords from the category list.
- Choose your Wireless network name and select the show password checkbox.
- Enter the administrator password and click on Ok to complete the process.
After getting the password, you have to follow these steps:
- Choose System preferences from the Dock.
- Choose the Print & Fax Control panel in the Hardware section.
- Click the + icon from the left side of the control panel
- Choose the IP tab at the top of the pop-up window.
- Type your wireless printer’s IP address and the queue name in the respective fields.
- Choose the correct printer driver from the Print Using drop-down menu.
- Click on the Add button and complete the setup process of the wireless printer.
- Now, whenever you will print any document, you’ll find that the printer will show up.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wireless Mobile Printing
Through your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer, you can get mobile printing solutions as well. Here are some mobile printing options supported by this printer model.
HP Smart App
You can use your mobile devices for using your printer over a wireless network with the help of the HP smart app. This smart app can help in printing, scanning and capturing files with your smart devices. You can call this app as the HP All-in-One Printer Remote App.
You have to just make sure both your Android device and printer are using the same network and then download and set up this app on your Android device.
If you have an active internet connection then you can use HP ePrint service from any location suiting your convenience. You just have to set up this HP ePrint on your mobile device and send any documents via email and it will print your documents directly.
HP ePrint Mobile App
This app can help you to get print from any supported HP printer connected on the same wireless network. HP ePrint mobile app allows you to print any photos or documents.
This mobile printing solution is available in Apple iOS v4.2 and versions above it. It supports your iPad, iPhone for the wireless network.
HP Print Service Plug-in
HP Print Service Plugin allows you to print using your smart Android devices. If you want to get a Wi-Fi network or a Wi-Fi direct connection for your printer then this could be the best option for you.