123.hp.com/ojpro6968 - HP Officejet Pro 6968
In this guide, we have come up with 123.hp.com/ojpro 6968 printer solutions including wireless setup, driver installation process and wireless mobile printing. Our skilled engineers will help you to solve any sort of problem in your HP printer with ease.
Here we have discussed the procedures of 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Initial Printer Setup, Driver Installation, Wireless Setup, and Wireless Mobile Printing.
• 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Initial Printer Setup
• 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Installation
• 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup
• 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Mobile Printing
• Troubleshooting Methods of 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Initial Printer Setup
In this section, we have explained the detailed process of setting up your HP printer. Follow the instructions provided below for HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer Setup.
- First, you have to switch on the printer which will make a little noise at the start. Now use the arrows which are located next to the printer’s ‘Control Panel’ to select the language, country, and region on your screen. Once it is done, press the ‘OK’ button.
- Open the cover and insert the ink cartridges into its right places. Now close the cover. Before that, have a look at the label of your ink cartridge’s back cover, install the tri-color cartridge first.
- Open the ink cartridge once more and remove electrical contacts and the protective tape associated with the ink nozzles. (Note: The tricolor of locking levers must match with the respective colors shown on the cartridges). Now slide the ink cartridges into their respective slots very gently and slowly.
- Install the black ink cartridge in the same manner as discussed above. Once all the ink cartridges are installed in your printer, a message box will appear on the display of your printer “Control Panel”. Then hit “OK”.
- Place the paper stack in its respective place (input tray) and let your printer print the page alignment. Now scan it by placing the print side down on the scanner glass after the completion of the alignment page print.
- After scanning the alignment page, the “Control Panel” of your printer will display a message ‘Alignment Successful’. Now press the “OK” button to continue.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Installation
Now, we will discuss the steps to install the drivers of HP Officejet Pro 6968. We have mentioned the driver installation process of this HP Officejet 6968 printer model for both Windows and Mac PCs.
Driver Installation Procedure for HP Officejet Pro 6968 in Windows
The method for HP Officejet Pro 6968 driver installation in Windows Operating System is as follows.
- Go to the official site of the HP downloads support page. Find the “Softwares and Drivers” option. Click on it and it will ask you to select the particular device for which you are installing the drivers.
- Select “Printers” and enter your product name in the blank text box. Now, press Enter and you will be redirected to the downloads page. Select your OS and its version too. Click to download the driver setup file and install it.
Driver Installation Procedure for HP Officejet Pro 6968 in Mac
Make sure that you have an Apple device (above 7). In case your device is not connected with USB but is connected through a wireless network, you can click on the “Settings” icon located on the top of your printer display. Now proceed and navigate to “Printer Wireless Setup”. Find out your own wireless network which is established before and connect to it.
Now proceed to “System Preferences” in the Apple menu on the top of your screen. Select “Print and Fax” from the Hardware Selection menu and select + icon to add the printer. After selecting your HP printer, download the driver by following the same procedure as discussed above for Windows. Now print a test page.
Installing Drivers via USB
There are generic drivers that exist in your printer by default. When your printer is connected through a USB port directly, the generic drivers will install all the basic components that you need to run your printer.
A USB setup will help you in performing a complete installation of your generic as well as downloaded drivers. As the permission of optimum settings (allow installation of generic drivers) are already present in Windows OS by default, it will be easier for you to work in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
What if USB is not Available
When your printer is not connected via USB, the only way of connecting your printer to your PC is via WiFi. In this case, you have to set it up manually which requires an HP wireless driver. You can get it on HP’s official downloads support page.
After installing the wireless driver, you will be able to connect your printer via WiFi. Before proceeding to the driver installation process, make sure that you have your WiFi ID and password.
After your connection is successfully established, it will take some time to register your printer’s IP to the WiFi network. At last, if all works well, you will be able to download the driver and install it via your wireless network.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6968 allows all mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets, laptops etc to print directly. But at first, you need to set up a wireless network via the HP Wireless Setup Wizard. The steps for HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless setup are as follows:
- Press the wireless setup icon on the “Control Panel” of your printer. Now, click the “Next” button for configuration. The Wireless Setup Wizard will appear, scroll down to find “OK”.
- The wizard will start searching for available networks. Find your network name in the list of networks. If you cannot see it, enter the name manually in “Edit Network” and search again. Hopefully, your printer will now find your Wireless network.
- Now select “OK” and your printer will try to connect. If it is connected successfully, all well and good. If not, repeat the same procedure again.
Change Network Settings of HP Officejet Pro 6968
Somehow, if you are facing network issues in HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer, you need to change its network to fix it. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Push the “Wireless icon” on your printer’s home screen. Then select “Settings” and followed by “Advanced Settings”.
- Now make the necessary changes in the “Advanced Settings” menu.
- After that, follow the instructions which will be displayed on your screen to change the settings.
Converting USB Connection to Wireless Network in HP Officejet Pro 6968
If you want to print your necessary documents wirelessly, you need a WiFi network. But if your printer is connected via USB and you are eager to convert it then you can follow the steps given below. The process of converting a USB connection to a wireless one is provided below for both Windows and Mac.
In Windows Platform
Do one of the following steps based on your OS.
- In Windows 8, 8.1 and 10: Click on the “Start” button and select “All Apps”. Then find the folder with your printer name.
- For Windows 7, Vista and XP: Click the “ Start” button, go to “All Programs”. Now select the HP folder and search for a folder associated with your printer.
- Now select the “Setup and Software Printer” option. Open it and you will find “Convert a USB connected Printer to Wireless” option. Select it and press “OK”.
For Macintosh Platform
The transformation procedure in a Macintosh environment is given below.
- Open “Finder”, click on the “Applications” option and find the HP folder. Open it and click on “HP Utility”. The utility window will open and you’ll see the “Gear” shaped icon. Click on it to open “Settings”. (Note: If your wireless setup is not in the list, add the printer through System Preferences as discussed above)
- From the “Settings” option you’ll see “Wireless Printer”. Open it and you will be able to see the “Add Printer” option. This method is more easy if you go through system preferences and add a printer from the “Print and Scan” option.
- On one hand, if your printer is not listed there, select “Add Printer or Scanner” and select the name of your printer. On the other hand, if your printer is not listed in “Add Printer or Scanner Window”, make sure that your printer is connected to the exact same network. Then try once again and add your printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Mobile Printing
Printing via mobile is an easy way to work with your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer. The most important thing you should make sure of is your mobile and printer should be connected to the same wireless network.
The printing process for iPhone is given below.
- Choose a file that you want to print and press the “Share” button. Now find the print button in the list of shareable options. Select and press the button when you find it.
- Select the name of your printer from which you want to print and make changes in the print settings.
- After the changes, select “Print” and your file will be printed.
In this platform, the printing process is a bit different. The steps to print in the Android platform are given below.
- You have to install an HP plugin from Google Playstore. After installing the plugin, enable it. Reconfigure its settings and your file is ready to print.
- Open that particular photo or document that you want to print, touch on the right corner of your screen menu button. Choose your printer and change the print settings if required.
- Confirm the printer and its configuration attached to your mobile device and select the “Print icon” to print.
Google Chrome is also compatible with various Cloud printing applications. To print via Chrome, follow the instructions below.
- Open your Google Chrome browser or Google compatible cloud printing applications and press “Ctrl+P”. The print dialog box will open.
- Now, select the printer that you want to use from the list of printers. Set the number of copies and click “OK” to print.
If you have a Windows phone, you can print your documents by following the steps given below.
- Download the HP Eprint app from Windows Store. Install it and make sure that your mobile phone is connected to a wireless network. Open the app and select the items that you want to print.
- Tap on the print icon and select your printer from which you want to print. Then select “Print”.
123 HP Officejet Pro Printer Models
hp officejet pro 9020
hp officejet pro 9025
hp officejet pro 9019
hp officejet pro 9018
hp officejet pro 9016
hp officejet pro 9015
hp officejet pro 9014
hp officejet pro 9013
hp officejet pro 9010
hp officejet pro 9012
hp officejet pro 8024
hp officejet pro 8022
hp officejet pro 8023
hp officejet pro 8021
hp officejet pro 8020
hp officejet pro 9028
hp officejet pro 9026
hp officejet pro 9024
hp officejet pro 9023
hp officejet pro 9022
hp officejet pro 6230
hp officejet pro 3610
hp officejet pro 8035
hp officejet pro 8033
hp officejet pro 8034
hp officejet pro 8031
hp officejet pro 8030
hp officejet pro 8026
hp officejet pro 8028
hp officejet pro 8025
Troubleshooting Methods of 123 HP Officejet Pro 6968
If any of the above methods somehow fails to perform its job, then you need to troubleshoot your printer at the earliest. We recommend you to install all the drivers correctly and without any interruption. Handle your printer carefully as it is quite heavy and delicate.
If somehow there is an internal hardware fault, take the help of an expert or a technician as quickly as possible. Observe your printer’s ink cartridges and change it when it’s ink is about to finish. This will help you to avoid unclear printing and nozzle damage. Use the finest quality paper to get the best results.