123.hp.com/ljpro 400 - HP Laserjet Pro 400
All the information and support you will get from us regarding the 123.hp.com/lj 400 printer. You will also get assistance regarding your 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Initial Setup, 123 hp laserjet pro 400 driver download, 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Wireless Setup and 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Wireless Mobile Printing.
- 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Initial Setup
- 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Driver Installation
- 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Wireless Setup
- 123 hp laserjet pro 400 Mobile Printing
All the issues regarding your 123 hp laserjet pro 400 printers will be rectified by our technical professionals without any hectics.
123 hp Laserjet Pro 400 Initial Setup
The first and foremost thing you need to do is to unbox the printer after buying it. Follow the detail instructions which will tell you how to perform this operation.
- Before opening the box, find out a smooth and flat surface where you will keep your printer. Make sure the area where you are keeping it is away from direct sunlight, well air-cycled and sturdy.
- The temperature of the area must not be greater than 17 degrees centigrade and less than 25 degrees centigrade. The humidity range will be between 30% to 70%.
- Now unbox the device and take it out, remove all the packaging materials such as the plastic, stickers, tapes, etc. You must also open the cartridge access door and remove the toner cartridge.
- Find out the orange ring on the toner cartridge and pull out the ring gently to wipe out the cartridge seal. Now re-insert the toner cartridge and close the door.
- Open the paper tray number 2 and adjust the front as well as the sides of the tray to insert paper. Place a bunch of paper place it in the tray and close it.
- Now, untie the power cable and connect its one end to the AC port of the printer and the other end to the electric supply.
- Switch on the printer device and wait for some time. In this time duration, the printer will set up itself.
- After the printer initializes itself, it will prompt you to set your setup credentials like time and date, language, etc.
As the basic setup is now complete, proceed further and install the necessary drivers for your 123 hp laserjet pro 400 printers.
123 hp Laserjet Pro 400 Driver Installation
Installing the drivers allows you to use all the privileged features of the printer. The steps to download and install drivers from Windows and Macintosh operating systems are given below.
Drivers for Windows
If you are using the Windows operating system, then the driver download and installation procedures are as follows.
- If you have the driver CD which came along with the printer, insert it in the CD drive of your computer and wait for a few moments to load the disc. Then, the software installer will automatically detect the system language.
- After that, the installation program will display on the main menu. If the installer doesn’t start automatically, then you have to do it manually. Open the command prompt and type x:\SETUP.EXE and click the “Enter” key. The x denotes the drive name of the CD ROM.
- Click on “OK” and the installer program will start.
- In case, if you don’t receive any CD with the printer device, then you can download the drivers by visiting the HP support page. Enter your printer model number and the OS name that you are using and it will redirect you to the downloads page.
- In the downloads page, you will find all the necessary driver files with .exe extension. Download and install them one by one.
Drivers for Macintosh
The driver’s download and installation for Macintosh operating system are now as follows.
- Visit the official HP drivers and downloads page and select your HP printer model. Now choose the correct Macintosh operating system version and click on “Next”.
- You will see the list of necessary drivers present there. Download them one by one by clicking on the “Download” button.
- If any download security warning pops up of your display, then click on the “Save” option. You will find all the drivers in the system’s default location which is the Downloads folder.
- The file extension will be in .dmg format. While installing the drivers, agree and accept the terms and conditions and you will face two types of installation, one is standard install and the other is custom install.
- Click to enter your choice and finish the installation task.
- Now click on the Apple menu and select the “System Preferences”. Then check out whether the printer is present on the list. If it is, then remove it and select the “Add” option to add the printer once again.
123 hp Laserjet Pro 400 Wireless Setup
The wireless setup for your 123 hp laserjet pro 400 printer fro Windows as well as Macintosh operating system is as follows.
Wireless Setup for Windows
The wireless setup procedure for the Windows operating system consists of the following steps.
- Gather the wireless network name, password and other credentials which will help you to apply when the system will prompt you.
- Connect your computer and the printer device with the wireless network, make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Go to the printer control panel and open the wireless setup wizard. Then select the network name and enter the password. Your printer, as well as the computer, will now be active on the wireless network.
Wireless Setup for Macintosh
The wireless setup methods for the Macintosh operating system are as follows.
- Turn on the 123 HP Laserjet 400 and go to the printer’s Control Panel and tap on the Wireless icon. Then, open the Wireless setup wizard and select the wireless network to which you want to connect.
- Before that, after entering the Wireless Setup wizard, the application searches for the available networks. Now select the SSID in the list. If it is not present, then enter the SSID manually into the local network.
- Gather the network id and the passphrase. When the pop-up window shows, enter the id and passphrase and connect to the wireless network.
- Now install the printer software to the computer. The installation of the driver software helps your printer device with ease.
123 hp laserjet pro 400 Mobile Printing
HP printers allow you to print from your mobile phone and smartphone. All the sections of 123 HP Laserjet 400 mobile printing solutions are here as follows.
HP Smart App
With the help of this application, you can print and scan documents, keep an eye on the ink levels of your printer and also troubleshoot printer issues. You can download this HP smart Application in Android as well as the iOS devices.
You can also use this application to establish a connection to any wireless network. Print to any other wireless network connected to the printer with the help of your mobile device. The HP smart application is compatible with the Android operating system version 5.0 which is the lollipop or higher than that. It also supports iOS version 10 or higher.
The print anywhere application allows you to look at the printer status and send the printing jobs via the HP Smart application when you are far away from your computer or the printer. The print anywhere application is supported by few selected printers by an application named HP Smart 6.0 on the Android OS lollipop (5.0) and Apple iOS 10 or later devices.
HP ePrint is a cloud-based mobile printing service which helps you to print from anywhere in this globe. You just need to email your documents to the printer with the help of the device’s email address. HP ePrint is compatible with any mobile devices with email file sharing facility with the help of an active internet connection.
Apple Airprint helps you to print directly from your Apple devices like iPhone, iPod, and iPad. Just select the print icon to print a file from the printer via the same wireless network to which your printer device and system are connected.
Google Cloud Print prints your documents from any location with the help of the Google Cloud print registered printer. Google Cloud Print is compatible with computers, laptops, notebooks, mobile devices. To use this cloud mobile printing service you just need to use the computer containing Macintosh, Windows, Linux, etc operating systems.
The smartphones and tablets which you need must be Android OS KitKat (4.4) or greater and iOS version 7 or higher.
Mopria Print is specially designed for Android devices that print directly from your mobile or tablet device. The Mopria print service is also compatible with Android version 4.4 which is KitKat. It also supports other third-party platforms like Amazon Fire device 5.0 and its higher versions, HP Slate tablets, etc. few android devices which contain android 4.1 or 4.2 also support the Mopria Print mobile application.