When you have bought a new HP Envy 5540 printer then you should know how to set it up. You can’t go for direct printing just after bringing the printer to your home. We are supporting 123.hp.com/Envy5540 for the first time setup.
Along with the first set up you need to load the printer driver to print by the HP Envy 5540. You’ll get that 123.hp.com/Envy5540 driver setup here too. Now, let’s start with the setup.
Set Up Envy 5540 for the First time Use
You have to remove the packing before starting the printing and scanning and all. Please follow the below instructions for a perfect package removal.
- Remove all the cardboard openings.
- Remove all the tapes and stickers from the printer.
- Take away the sticker from the Control Panel of the printer.
- Next, lift up the lid of the scanner and remove the plastic wrapping from it.
- Be sure that there is no other plastic and all attached to the printer.
- Check the photo tray if there is any plastic covering. If yes, then you have to remove them too.
- Once you have ensured that you have removed every unnecessary packing, you need to recycle them. We urge you to recycle them.
You have to place the printer near the computer in your place. Next, we should move on to the power connection.
Set Up Power Connection to HP Envy 5540
You have placed the printer with proper handle and care. Now, you have to turn on the printer. To turn on, you need to connect one end of the power chord to a power source. Connect the other end to the rear side of the printer. Switch on power. Turn the printer on. Now, you have to set preferences like language, region, country, date and time, etc.
Set Up Ink Cartridges in HP Envy 5540
Next, you have to insert the ink cartridges in the printer. Without ink cartridges, you can’t print anything. Follow the steps to insert ink cartridges in HP Envy 5540. To obtain good quality printing, we recommend you to use only HP branded ink cartridges. Now, let’s check the procedure.
- With utmost care, open the cartridge door of HP Envy 5540 until you get an alert from the printer. The notification will alert you that the printer door is open.
- Next, you have to unpack the ink cartridge. You get one ink cartridge along with the printer package. We recommend you not to touch any area other than the black covering of the ink cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge according to the color spots on the printer cartridge space. You should insert the tri-color cartridge to the left and black one to the right.
- Once you have inserted all the cartridges in the printer, close the cartridge door.
- You can notice that the door open notification vanishes as soon as you close the door. The control panel displays the home screen.
Hence, you are done with the installation of ink cartridges with 123.hp.com/Envy5540 support. Your next duty is to set the papers for printing.
Set Up Paper Tray in HP Envy 5540
Definitely, you need papers to print something on. Before that, you need to set up the papers in order to print on your new HP Envy 5540. Go through the process below to learn how you can set the papers in the paper tray.
- Get the unused paper on which you want to print. Keep them aside.
- You need to hold the handle to pull the paper tray out. You’ll get a notification about the open paper tray.
- Then you have to load papers in the input tray.
- Once you have loaded the papers in the paper tray, you have to slide the photo tray in its position.
- Hold on the button to print the alignment of the printer. Then you have to follow the instructions on the Control Panel.
- Open the scanner cover-up. You need to mount the alignment with the printing side facing down.
- Click on OK and Finish after you have performed all the on-screen instructions.
Next, you need to follow some more steps to accomplish a complete setup to print by the HP Envy 5540.
Install Printer Driver or Software
To perform all the necessary printing operations, you must have to install the printer driver or software. Check if the driver is already installed. If not, then please don’t skip this important process. Otherwise, the printer won’t function properly.
- Visit 123.hp.com/Envy5540.
- Insert the model number of the printer in the search bar to find the suitable driver software of your printer. Here you have to provide Envy5540 to find the software.
- You have to download the driver by clicking on the button of Download.
- Save or Run the driver software.
- Try installing the software.
- After installing the driver, go for the registration and activation processes.
Now, the printer is ready to print. But before that, you need to connect the printer to the computer. You can surely choose a wireless connection. Otherwise, you can connect the printer with the computer with the help of a USB cable.
HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup
You have 4 options to connect your HP Envy 5540 with your computer. You can choose a wireless setup or use USB cables to connect.
HP Auto Wireless Connect
You have to check if the computer supports this feature. Basically, Windows XP to the latest versions of Windows supports the feature. Follow the step-by-step simple process to accomplish the wireless connection.
- You have to choose the “Auto Wireless Connect” option from the Control Panel of the printer.
- Select the listed device from the list shown on the Control Panel.
Now, the computer should have connected the HP Envy 5540 and you can print.
Wireless Setup Feature
Make sure that you have already installed the necessary driver software. Otherwise, this feature won’t work for you. You must know the SSID and password of the device. Turn the printer on and follow the below instructions.
- Opt for Network options on the Control Panel. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose the device you want t0o pair with the printer.
- Provide all the credentials along with SSID and password, if needed.
Hence, the device gets connected with the printer.
WPS stands for Wi-fi Protected Setup. You need the driver software compatible with your computer and printer. Otherwise, it won’t work. Firstly, turn on the printer and the router.
- Check if both the printer and router have a WPS button on them. If yes, then turn the buttons on.
- Check if the printer gets connected with the router.
You need not do anything as this feature connects the printer automatically with the router. Make sure that the printer is able to print.
If you don’t want to use the wireless features then you can simply use a USB cable. You have to connect the printer and the device manually. Get a new USB cable and follow the instructions below.
- Switch on the printer and the device.
- You have to insert one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to the device.
- You have to wait until the device or computer detects the connected printer.
So, these are the ways you can use to connect an HP Envy 5540 printer with a computer.
Hopefully, you understood all the steps to set up 123.hp.com/Envy5540. If you have any queries, feel free to share it with us using the comments section. We will try our best to reach you as soon as possible.